Rescuing one of the oldest & aromatically richest cacao in the world.
White Flowers, Cherry and Creme
About the farmYears ago, this rare genetic varietal was on the edge of extinction due to growing numbers of abandoned farms. Thanks to our interest and chocolate makers support, farmers saved these trees from being lost forever, and now over 90 families are actively growing this uniquely flavored bean.
About the PartnershipWe work with Original Beans and several local organizations to economically incentivize the growth of this scarce and vital varietal. By giving the community the resources necessary to reforest their cacao farms and improve the ecosystem, we can preserve this endangered cacao and promote cacao diversity in the long run.
Try a SampleYou can order a 1 kg sample of this product. If you like the sample and want to order, please complete the form below.
- Genetics: Chuncho
- Size: Very Small Beans, Varied Size // 100 g for 123 beans
- Fermentation: Central Fermentation, Wooden Boxes
- Drying: Elevated Mesh Drying Beds with Covered Roofs
- Floral: ●●○○
- Fruit: ●●●○
- Nut: ●●●●
- Chocolate: ●○○○
- Acidity: ●○○○
- Hand Sort: Yes
- Bag Size: 66 kg
- Certifications: Organic
- FOB Price: $5,750 USD / MT
- Availability: Europe
- Harvest Season: January - April
- Annual Harvest Volume: 40 MT (Annually)